At focal points targeted measures are taken as planned including preventive and repressive approaches, if necessary separated according to short-term, medium-term and long-term effect.
In addition operation concepts must be developed, which consider
• personal, material and financial resources
• other police duties
• tasks and activities of other authorities and bodies
• impact on the general public
to a reasonable extent.
The interplay of preventive and repressive measures must be taken into account in the planning and the tactical implementation phase; a merger of measures has to be targeted.
An operation design can be created in any planning phase if necessary. It illustrates the inter-linked effects, explains the decisions and intentions, serves as the streamlined, summarized presentation of the planning and decision process and can be structured as follows:
• Significant aspects of the assessment of the situation and the decision possibilities resulting from it,
• Decision, if necessary with a brief explanation,
• Personnel and technical requirements and consequences of the implementation of the decision,
• Presentation and if necessary, justification of the organizational structure including individual orders of the operation sections and their inter-related effects.